Around the world things came to a stand still in February and March 2020 due to the Coronavirus Pandemic. This was an uncertain and confusing time for everyone. All sport and outdoor activities stopped what seemed like overnight and we were asked to stay indoors.
My mission has always been to keep young cricketers active and loving the sport! And so during this lockdown state I wanted to share with all the academy cricketers some batting drills that they could practice from the comfort of their homes.
Drills included in this video
- Tennis ball dribbles on the cricket bat – a great warm up drill for hand eye coordination.
- Tennis ball under the chin – two bounce and hit towards the target
- Tennis ball under the chin – with the stump. Practicing hitting from a small surface, develops ability to hit from the middle of the bat.
- One-handed batting drill – use a stump to strengthen the top hand which is a must for batting successfully.
- Over the head drop feeds – great drill to work on moving your feet to the cricket ball.
I encourage all junior cricketers to try these drills in between coaching days to stay in form through out the year. Even the most basic cricket drills are very effective in keeping practice going.
Love to Play! – Ankit
See all our cricket coaching programs below –