2024 Cricket TOUR to ENGLAND
- Dates – July / August 2024 (Exact dates announced by Jan 2024)
- Location – Leicester City, England
- Age Group – U13s
- All players will participate in cricket matches & training in Leicester City, England
- Enrolment of the academy players in the Coloured Clothing T20 Tournament 2024 held in Leicester City, U.K.
- The tournament is a T20 tournament that runs over 4 days and sees player’s from Asia, Europe and U.S participate in every year.
- 9 x T20 matches over the week. Matches are played on a mix of turf and synthetic wickets.
- All other inclusions – Accommodation (1 parent and 1 child), all meals, local transport, airport pick ups and drop offs and tournament clothing kit.
- Optional sightseeing day in London.
- Tour dates are during school term and we will be writing letters to respective schools if needed as this is not only a sporting activity it is also a development opportunity and special leave can be requested for the child.
WHAT TO DO IF INTERESTED?
- If you are interested in this opportunity for your child contact Ankit on firstname.lastname@example.org
RECAP OF PREVIOUS U.K. CRICKET TOURS
2023 CRICKET TOUR
9 players, accompanied by their families participated in our second England cricket tour in early August of this year. This tour was headed to Leicester City, 2 hours north of London. Our hosts were the well-renowned City Cricket Academy, the largest cricket academy in the Leicestershire county. By Sunday 6th August, all players and families had checked into our accommodation at Holiday Inn, Leicester with the excitement level peaking and everyone looking forward to the next 5 days of cricket! The U13s cricket tour kicked off with an indoor practice session on Sunday morning. We arrived at our host’s indoor facility where we commenced an indoor net session, followed by a centre wicket session at the picturesque countryside ground Houghton-on-the-Hill, which had a cow paddock just behind the square leg boundary. It was a great way for the team to prepare for their T20 tournament starting the next day. We woke up early Monday morning, had our buffet breakfast and were in the minibus by 8 am ready to make our journey to our tournament venue, the prestigious – Leicester Grammar School. The tournament started with a bang as our opening bowler Prabhmann Singh took a wicket on his first ball of Match 1, followed by another first ball wicket in Match 2! The match pitches were beautiful English grass turf wickets and they initially proved challenging for our lesser experienced players, but each player learnt and adapted to the conditions, of which I am very proud! The next 4 days flew by as we won some matches, and lost some close games but all our boys put in their best efforts. Our team unfortunately did not make it to the finals but we are so proud of our young boys! Following the tournament, families departed Leicester and some continued their trip with a family holiday in Paris, Amsterdam and London, enjoying the beauty and history that Europe offers.
2019 CRICKET TOUR
Four boys from the academy, Aarush, Alish, Aaryan and Aarek undertook this tour last year. As we all congregated at Heathrow Airport London in July last year, excitement was peaking amongst the boys. The bus journey from London to Leicester was filled with beautiful and historic English countryside that is unique to that part of the world and the boys took all of it in. As we arrived, not a moment was spared before the youngsters were keen to hit the nets! So we went down to the indoor cricket centre full of energy (and a bit jet lagged) for a solid 2 hour session on our first day in England. The boys were now ready for the tournament! The following 5 days consisted of some brilliant cricket performances and thrilling finishers which kept the parents and myself on our toes. Our boys finished in 1st place in the tournament ladder but lost out in the finals by only 3 runs to the opposition. Overall what an amazing performance by the boys and the support from the touring dads Akash, Kamran and Arif that made this tour very memorable. It would have been a somber flight home if not for the incidental bump into Aaron Finch at London airport who imparted some valuable batting tips to the boys. I am sure these four youngsters will remember this trip forever, I know I will!
Revisit our cricket coaching programs below –